12.18.2008

Just when you think it couldn't get worse!

I bet you can't guess what lovely adventures the Hadlock family are on right now....Well, last night I went down to the bowling alley to show off our cute little baby brother, and when we got home our house was very cold. I looked at the thermostat and it was set at 70 but the reading was closer to 60! You guessed it our furnance had died. I told Andy I thought our pilot light had gone out, he then informed me that we don't have a pilot light. So, he takes his trusty tools down to the basement and tries to fix it, well, not so lucky. He brings up a little part in his hand and says, "Well, I know this part is broken because I broke it." So he calls up a repair man and asks him if he has the part, he did and so andy went and picked it up so we could avoid the service call charge. Put it in and still nothing. So once again, Andy calls the repairman up and he comes over at about 11:30 last night. I was in our room fighting with Tyler so I don't even know what happened. I was asleep when Andy comes to bed. Needless to say, Andy had recieved a Christmas bonus from his boss on Tuesday and we were excited that we were going to be able to finish up Christmas, well now his bonus is going to fix the furnace. Thanks to Andy's boss for providing the money so we could fix it. :) All is well now, I guess there was a broken part but the guy didn't have it on his truck so he "bypassed" it just to get it working and he will bring it back either today or tomorrow to fix it right. Tyler got to sleep with me for the first half of the night so I could keep him warm. Don't tell Brandon, he never got to sleep with me, he will be jealous. Until next time, when we have more adventures to report.
As far as the house and car, still nothing of progress. I will have to write about the new developments in the car saga when I have more time. Love you all!

1 of ya'll said...:

Miranda said...

wait - whats going on with the car?