10.19.2008

Pumpkin Carving.....

Yesterday my work had a pumpkin carving party. We ate some soup and then we carved some pumpkins. This was Brandon's first experience with carving, we usually just get a pumpkin and "decorate it" somehow either painting or poking things into it. This year I decided to take him to the party. We cut the top off and I told him he needed to take out all of the guts. He looked in and told me to do it. He eventually did it and decided it wasn't so bad after all. So he told me what shapes to do for the face. Then I handed him the carving knife. I have to admit I was a little nervous at first, but he soon figured it out and had a blast cutting it out. When we were fininshed I told him to put the lid back on and he said it was a hat and that it had to be upside down. So he put it on and we took a picture with the "hat" on. When we got home he couldn't wait for it to get dark so he could put a candle in it. We took a picture of that too. Not the best picture but he thought it was pretty cool. Of course that is the only Halloween decor we have up this year. We are doing too much construction for me to want to bring out more stuff and put it up. I am glad that we at least have the pumpkin.




1 of ya'll said...:

Darlene said...

Cute, looks like he had fun. Gotta loves those insides of the pumpkins. Love you all