10.19.2008

The 4 hour test (YUCK)

So I posted a blog about a month ago informing you all that I had my lovely glucose test. Well, you guessed it.....I failed. So I went to the hospital and spent 4 hours there while they ran blood tests every hour. Well, guess what that came back high too. So, I was diagnosed with Insulin Intolerance. Which in plain terms is one step down from diabetes. So I met with a dietitian who gave me a blood sugar tester. My doctor wanted me to test my blood sugar two hours after my meals for the next 2 weeks. Well, my 2 weeks is up tomorrow. I really hope he says that I can stop doing that. I don't know how people can poke themselves all the time like that. My major problem was remembering to do so, so we got an egg timer at work and I would set it. Then everyone in the bank at the time it went off knew that it was time for me to go. From what I can see from the results I am fine. There has been a few that have been high but for the most part I seem to be under what they wanted me to be. Doctor appointment tomorrow, so I guess we will see if we are all on the same page. I will let you know what he says tomorrow.

0 of ya'll said...: