10.24.2008

House Remodeling (ARG!!)

Now I hope you all don't get the wrong impression.....I love my husband! I just wanted to make that clear! :) But when it comes to remodeling a home he drives me crazy!!! We are trying to get things ready for when the baby comes he can have his own little room, which means we had to move Brandon into the other bedroom, formally known as the guest room. WELL, it all started with the need of a bigger closet in our bedroom because Andy had his work clothes in the extra room which now would need to be Brandon's. So, he started building a new closet in our room about 21/2 months ago, about the end of August. He got his brother up here to help and whatnot, but he just got it finished a week and a half ago. When his estimated time was 3 weeks. It took just a weebit longer than that. So now we are about 6 weeks away from my due date and we finally have a closet. Now we are moving on to Brandon's room. We are going onto week 2 with that and we haven't even painted it yet. I was told that it would be painted by this weekend so I could move his toys in while he was in Salt Lake for a party. Because I don't know if any of you have tried to move/get rid of toys while the kid is at home but it isn't pretty. But as you may of guessed.....no paint on the walls as of today. I am trying really hard to be paitent with him, I know that he works really hard during the day and is tired when he gets home, but we are running out of time. Then after we get Brandon's room done we need to move on to the nursery, which also needs to be painted and then we need to get the baby furniture out of storage and put together. I also need to finish the bedding for the crib.
So again I would like to stress that I DO LOVE HIM! I just wish sometimes that we both weren't as lazy as we are, then we might actually get something done around here. I often tell my mother that I don't know how she always had a clean house and dinner and dishes done before she went to bed. She also worked a full time job and I don't know how she did it. I am always just too tired to do anything when I get home. My cousin Staci always has a beautiful home too and she has 3 kids running around. So my Kudos go to both of those ladies, I hope that one day I can have a clean house too! :) Love you both!
Okay I guess that is enough complaining, I am sorry to anyone who might have gotten bored or upset with my rantings.

1 of ya'll said...:

Darlene said...

thanks for the compliments. You too shall get the ambition you need after the baby comes. you will get the rooms done and have time for "fun" before the baby comes. it will get done and as for Andy, he likes to take his time and do it right the first time. he is like grandpa a "perfectionist". love you tons