3.12.2009

Kindergarten Is Coming...

That is right folks! My baby boy is going to kindergarten. We went today to register him. He passed the little assesment with flying colors. I was really proud of him. It took FOREVER! We were there for like 4 hours. I felt like it was never going to end. I think the reason it took so long was because it took them a while to figure out what school he will be going to. I didn't think we had that many options but it looks like we live on the boarder of 2 different schools. One of which is only a few blocks away and the other is clear up by the university. The people who live on the South side of the road go to the one by the university. Now why we even have that school as an option is way beyond me. I assumed for the longest time he would be going to the school that is about 10 blocks west of our house. Not the case, if we lived west of the church we would border all 3 schools. How confusing! So we figured it out eventually, after someone called to make sure. Funny thing is we were at the district office, if they don't know....who does?
So we went and did the assesment and they said he is ready to go, maybe a little too well. We now have to just worry about how to get him there on the 2 days a week that I work. At least it is only 2 days. They offer an after school club in which he will be signed up for, which is way cheaper than daycare. Yahoo!
Now we just need to wait for more information to come in the mail to help us know when school starts for sure and when to sign him up for the after school club. He is really excited to start, I hope he enjoys himself.
By the way can anyone tell me why it is only 2 and 1/2 hours long? I thought it was longer than that like 4 hours. Like half the school day.

2 of ya'll said...:

jer and lous crew said...

love the new background...i saw it on cutest blog and thought of you glad you found it..tried to email the folder of pics today and it wouldn't work so now i have to email 1 at a time...i will get on that i promise...love you tons

Darlene said...

It used to be about 3 hours when you were in kindergarten. I can't believe that he is going to school. Just wait until the first day and you have to send him off. You will have mix emotions. Love you tons. Mom