5.08.2011

It is official!!

After about 10 months of saving chore money, birthday money, and any left out change Brandon is the official owner of a Lagoon season passport.

I decided after I finished my bowling tournament yesterday that I would surprise him with a trip to Lagoon. He was so excited he couldn't stop talking about it the moment he found out we were going.

He was a couple dollars short to pay for the whole thing so I told him the night before that I was planning on taking him but he didn't have enough money. We decided he could do some chores for the grandparents. He didn't have enough time to do them all that night so he had to write up a "contract" with Grandma Hadlock so he could come to her house and work off the money she gave him.
(sorry it is sideways) It was written on a lid from Cafe Rio. So funny!
Then we were off to Grandma Anderson's where he volunteered to clean her toilets and she said that was worth the rest of the money he needed, so we were off.
Before hand Brandon and I had made a deal...if he would go on the Wicked

then I would "buck up" and go on the Wild Mouse with him

So that is the deal for the whole summer, every time he goes on the Wicked with me I have to go on the Wild Mouse with him. I am sure hoping that he won't hold me to that. He really liked the Wicked....my opinion of the Wild Mouse didn't change (still scares the crap out of me)!
I was so proud of him being so big and riding on all of the big rides. He had been on most of them last year, but fell short on height for some, but he rode them this year with no problem. One of his big accomplishments was he opened his eyes in the loops of the Colossus

He was so excited when he did that. He says next time he will tip his head back and look for the track. He is so funny.
One interesting thing happened to us while on the Tidal Wave...

there are quite a bit of birds that like to fly around this particular ride, some small, some big. Well, we were just ending our ride when a big ole goose flew over it almost hitting us in the head. We screamed and ducked, meanwhile, the goose got the crap scared out of him too...literally! Brandon ended up with some of the evidence on his hands, arm, shirt, and shorts. GROSS! Not as gross as the poor kid a couple rows in front of us, he got it right in the face. Next time I will be wearing a poncho :)
It was way fun to go and enjoy the excitement he had the whole time we were there. Of course we rode the classics like the white roller coaster, musik express, jetstar 2, and the sky scrapper. At every turn there was a huge smile on his face! I am so proud of him saving up his money to get his passport. He decided last year that he wanted to do it and then did it.

1 of ya'll said...:

Darlene said...

Sounds like you 2 had a really great time. Cherish this time, they grow up so fast. The goose incident is sooooooo funny. Thanks for sharing. Love you tons