11.15.2010

Setting Goals!

So I have learned that it is always good to write down your goals. In my case I feel like I need to write them down where others can see them, that way others can help me stick to them, and if I don't...then I have everyone else to answer to. So I have decided to set 2 separate goals for myself.

GOAL #1...Go to the temple at least once a month. I was able to go this past weekend and remember the joy and peace I feel while in it's holy walls. I am able to go there and when I walk out I feel ready to take on the world. Now in my life I could definitely use that feeling more often. I am not to the point in which I can say what day I will be going for sure, as I will need to work on sitters and whatnot for the boys. BUT it will be done.

GOAL #2...read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. Now this one is going to be extra hard with the holidays coming up. I found a fun tracking sheet and a guide to tell me what chapters I need to read everyday to help keep me on track. I am going to give myself a few extra days, just in case I can't read as long or far as the tracking sheet says, so I am going for 100 days. I feel that every goal needs to be "realistic" or it will fail in the first few days.

I know that as I strive to do just these two things it will not only benefit me personally but everyone around me. Especially my immediate family, and that is what is important.

So there you have it folks, now that it is written for all to see. I expect those of you who keep in touch through Facebook to occasionally ask me how I am doing to help push me along. Of course, not too pushy, but a little nudge here and there would be greatly appreciated. Of course if anyone would like to join me you are more than welcome.

http://lds.about.com/od/bookofmormon/a/bk_bom_reading.htm
http://goodkoppbadkopp.typepad.com/files/bofm_chart_8.5x11.pdf

These are the two links that I found my helps from. I am not sure if they will work, you will have to let me know.

Thanks for bearing with me while I lay down my goals for myself. Not sure if this is the proper place but I figured as good a place as any since I kind of look to this as my personal journal anyway.

3 of ya'll said...:

Unknown said...

Great goals Jen!!! I have lots of Hadlock family names if you would like me to send you some to work on. I find when I am working for family it feels a little easier to go. I am proud of you!

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

That would be AWESOME!! Do you just want to bring them to Thanksgiving? We are planning on being there.

Darlene said...

Good goals Jen. I will help you along. Love you