8.04.2009

What are boys made of?



I was mowing the lawn this morning and out came this snake. As you can see from picture it was a pretty big one. It scurried across my sidewalk into my "flower garden AKA weed patch" in front of my house. I left it alone for a while but then I decided to catch it and show it to Brandon who was across the street playing. I gathered it up in his bucket and took it over, the snake kept trying to jump out of bucket which made the two boys scream like girls, but as you can see Brandon became very comfortable with it in no time. I had to grab the camera to catch this occasion. He decided to bring it home and keep it in his bucket with a piece of cardboard over the top with holes in it. I highly doubt it will last long, because he played with it for like an hour and when we put it on ground it didn't even try to leave. Poor snake! My neightbor informed me that I shouldn't be too upset about it, I guess she has plenty in her yard so it isn't a big loss.

4 of ya'll said...:

jer and lous crew said...

EWWWWW....i hate snakes more then anything...i would have been screaming like a girl...hehehe...what a brave BOY!!

Darlene said...

It doesn't surprise me that YOU caught the snake. Looks like Brandon likes the snake. You always were the one liking the bugs etc...

Mom of twelve said...

Boys Love Snakes. My boys catch Snakes and frogs in the back yard. I feel so sorry for the poor critters

Candace Davidsavor said...

Jen, that is nasty. Ewwwww! I would be screaming and running away if my boys brought that to me. Oh I hate them worse then anything.