5.02.2008

More Detail!

So I decided that I would tell you all the story of how we found out we were going to be bringing another wonderful child to the world.
Well, I had been working with my doctor for about a year trying to get my body back to normal and he had me taking glucophage, well that didn't work so we decided on February 11th to start taking the fertility drug Clomid. Well, I took those for the 5 days I was supposed to and then I went in again to my docotor on March 3rd to get an ultrasound to see if the Clomid had "done its thing" in my doctors words. Well, he came to the conlusion that it hadn't worked and we needed to double the dosage. So here I was waiting until March 25th to take a pregnancy test which we had all figured would be negative, but I took one anyway. And as we all thought it said negative. On to the next month, so here I was taking Provera to help move things along, since my body doesn't like to do that on its own. For 2 weeks I waited and waited and waited. Meantime getting very frustrated at the whole situation just wanting to get started on the Clomid and see if it was going "to do its thing" this month. At the end of 2 weeks I called my doctors office and asked what I was supposed to do now. He informed me that he wanted me to go home and take another pregnancy test and if it was negative then I was to take the Provera for 10 days instead of the normal 5 and things should get moving by then. So I came home that night and really didn't want to go get more tests I had seen enough negatives in my time and really didn't want to see anymore. But I went and got a 2 pack figuring that I would need the other one at the end of 35 days anyway. So I came home and took the test and low and behold it said POSITIVE!! Well, Andy was wondering what was taking me so long and so he came into the bathroom and saw the look of suprise on my face and took a gander himself. He soon had the same look I did on his face.It was at that moment that I decided to let all of my emotions out and didn't want to look again for fear it might have changed. But it didn't!! So just to make sure I decided to take the other one the next morning and sure enough it came out POSITIVE too! I called my doctor and informed him of the news and here we are. So that is a little story of the second most exciting day in my life. Of course getting a yes with Brandon would be my first! This one was definetly more "unbelieveable".

4 of ya'll said...:

Miranda said...

You're killing me. Watch...it's going to be twins! YES!!! I'm so excited for you I can hardly take it.

The Fab Five said...

Congrats!!!!! We are so happy for you. love to you all

Darlene said...

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be dramma again. Brandon is so fun, I bet this one will be just as fun. Love you all

sheri said...

congrats!!!