4.22.2010

Tyler....I love you!

So I went and got Tyler allergy tested today. Turns out we were right about the peanut allergy...almost too right. He tested over 2 times higher on peanuts than anything else! So bad that they prescribed him an epi-pin, that means he could possibly die if we don't have that on hand and he ingests a peanut of any kind. We also found out that he has an allergy to corn and eggs. I was hoping they would just tell me to avoid just that, but they said to avoid any form of the two I.E. corn syrup (found in EVERYTHING), corn starch, corn flower, and anything containing eggs of any sort. They want me to be very strict about it for the next month then bring him back in and see if his congestion has gone away at all. If not, maybe we won't have to be sooooo picky about the corn and eggs. He has been good enough so far, other than the fact he sounds like he has a hair ball in his throat constantly. I guess this means I get to become a "Betty Crocker" whether I want to or not. Since every single thing that is processed contains some form of corn in it. Did you know baking powder falls under the corn allergy as well. That might explain why he can do better with some cookies compared to others. Poor kid! I hope we can get him figured out so he doesn't sound like Buckles (my pug puppy) much longer.
If by chance this doesn't solve the "hair ball" issue, they are going to look at removing his adenoids, I hope they decide to take out his tonsils at the same time...might as well while they are in there, don't want those to flare up later in life and have to do it all again.
Wish us both luck for the next month....Him so this makes him better and Me so I know what the kid can and cannot eat! And that I can find recipes that he will eat, he is a very picky eater! Staci...I can hear you laughing from here =)

3 of ya'll said...:

jer and lous crew said...

gotta LUB them picky eaters...good luck with it all..love you all tons and tons...ME

Unknown said...

Too bad, so sad! Life is hard enough without that extra worry. Let us know if he improves. I hope for the both of you that there are huge improvements!

The Byington's said...

Dang, that sucks! Good luck with that though! Too bad kids just don't come with labels, so then you just read the label, and know what's ok to go in! :D Anyways, good luck!